Power Isolation Transformer
Simply the most robust way to isolate your audio system and provide it the cleanest power available.
Select a Model
Maximize Your System's Potential
Bryston BIT Isolation Transformers not only protect your equipment against the worst the power grid can offer, but also feed attached equipment the most ideal AC mains possible. How do we do it?
- Greater Dynamic Range: BIT products provide very low source impedance to connected devices. A low impedance power source supplies ultra high current on demand, ensuring components (even power amps!) are not starved for power. For example, a 200 watt amplifier demands 10A RMS current from a 120V line but may demand up to 50A instantaneous peaks. A 15A or 20A BIT can deliver 300A or 400A peaks when the system demands it, allowing the highest power amplifiers to deliver maximum performance and dynamics without strain or compromise. The High Instantaneous Current Capability provides the expanded dynamic range experienced when using Torus Power.
- Active Surge Suppression: BIT uses series mode surge suppression (SMSS) technology to fully protect your equipment from damaging lightning strikes and power surges. Our unique Series Mode Surge Suppression does not shunt the voltage spike to ground like MOV’s do, and therefore the ground remains stable and uncontaminated. BIT surge suppression has clamping voltage onset that absorbs voltage surges more than 2V above peak nominal line voltage. BIT units are built to surpass IEEE endurance standards that require products to withstand lighting strikes of 6000 volts, 3000 amps with 1000 repeats.
- Isolation From the Grid: BIT provides total isolation from the outside power grid through a Plitron-designed and -built toroidal isolation transformer that eliminates electrical noise caused by sources such as motors, lights, appliances and dimmers commonly found in the home environment. Therefore, providing power to your system via a BIT isolation transformer is infinitely superior to using wall power that is increasingly polluted and noisy.
- Ultra Quiet: Bryston BIT products utilize Plitron’s ‘LONO’ (Low Noise) transformer design technology, which eliminates audible noise in the power transformer regardless of line conditions, DC offset and over-voltage. Torus Power products perform at the NC10 level measured on the standard NC (Noise Criterion) rating, making them ideal for use in even the most demanding environments such as professional recording and broadcast studios, as well as in home theater and large-scale audio/video systems.
- Pure Power: BIT products utilize Plitron “NBT” (Narrow Bandwidth Technology) to attenuate differential and common-mode noise without using external circuits or components. NBT technology starts at a lower corner frequency (2 kHz) than other systems, and the result is startling. Dramatic improvements are immediately noticeable in audio and video systems.
BIT AVR and AVR2 Models also include
- Automatic Voltage Regulation: Our AVR technology provides stable voltage to connected equipment, regardless of fluctuations in the incoming line voltage. Voltage fluctuations cause stress to electronic components and sensitive microprocessors within the components which often will cause premature failure. With the degradation of the power grids worldwide, automatic voltage regulation provides the extra assurances of peak performance and longevity for valued audio and video equipment. Why? It’s really quite simple. Equipment operating at the optimal voltage will perform better and last longer.
- Control: BIT IP addressable models meet the needs of the custom installation industry with cloud control or IP based monitoring and control. All AVR and AVR2 models feature a built in web browser interface accessible on the local area network, via VPN, or through ihiji remote network management. Other useful features include password control, automatic e-mail notification of fault conditions, and delayed switch-on (5 seconds) when power is turned on, or restored. All models equipped with the AVR feature also include RS232 control and are compatible with Control4, Crestron, Savant and other home automation systems.
We are proud to have received six product awards over the past few years from the well respected Dutch website HFA. The brain child of Christiaan Punter, HFA is an Amsterdam based website focused on publishing in-depth reviews of high end audio equipment. Special thanks to Hein van der Klaauw of Mafico Pro for bringing …
Jörg Dames of German Magazine FairAudio, recently published a fairly lengthy review of the Mini A, our smallest offering in bookshelf loudspeakers. A few of my favorite quotes include: An excellent midrange reproduction that would look good even on loudspeakers with significantly wider price tags: brightly colored, organic, transparent, warm – in a word: sensual! …
Kevin Fiske of HiFi Critic, recently wrote an excellent review of the BP-17³ Preamp and 3B³ Stereo Amplifier. The sound produced by the 3B³ managed to convert him from pure Class A amps after 20 years of Class A listening preference. An impressive feat! You can find a few of my favorite quotes here: Blindsided. …
The BDA-3.14 is a DAC and streaming platform combined into one convenient package. Recently, the BDA-3.14 was reviewed by Steven Stone of The Absolute Sound. A couple of my favorite quotes include: The BDA-3.14 is a first-class component that could be the center of a high-performance digital audio system—maybe even yours. No other audio firm …
Marc Phillips of The Occasional Magazine, recently reviewed the B135 Integrated Amplifier. Marc had a lot great things to say: I have an audiophile buddy named Bob, and he’s really into heavy metal. I’m not talking about the cool stuff I like (Tool, System of a Down), but really heavy stuff like Napalm Death, Carcass …