BDP-2 Digital Player
The Bryston BDP-2 is a dedicated player for high resolution digital audio files. Employing a modified Linux OS optimized to provide the highest quality audio performance, the BDP-2 will play high resolution audio files (up to 192k/24b) from digital storage devices without compromise. The BDP-2 features an improved power supply, custom Intel Atom powered motherboard, additional input options, and eight times more system memory then the BDP-1.
Inputs: 6x USB 2.0, 1x eSATA, 2x Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45)
Outputs: SPDIF (BNC), AES/EBU (XLR)
Control: 2x RS-232 (DB9)
Audio Formats: AIFF, FLAC, WAV, MP3, M4A, OGG
- Dedicated high resolution digital audio player
- Playback from USB flash drives, as well as USB and eSATA hard disk drives (HDD)
- Custom Intel Atom Powered Motherboard
- Eight times more system memory then the BDP-1.
- Improved power supply delivering over 5 amps.
- Multiple control options (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android OS, and PC)
- User upgradable firmware
- NAS Connectivity supported
- UPnP/DNLA Server supported
- Requires external DAC (see External DAC in Digital Audio)*
- RS-232 serial data port for remote control via Crestron, AMX or similar control systems
- Available with silver or black faceplate
- 17” or 19” faceplate available (non-rack mountable)
- BR2 remote control available (see Accessories in Other Products)
*External DAC required for full 192K/24b performance, but the BDP-2 is also compatible (up to 96K) with the optional DAC modules in BP26, BP6 and BP16 preamps, or B60R and B100 integrated amplifiers.